Articles of Incorporation of Japan Publishers Copyright Organization

1. Purpose of the Corporation

To license reproduction of copyrighted materials, collect license fees from users and distribute such fees to the rightsholders.

2. Outline of the Organization

  • Organization Name: Japan Publishers Copyright Organization (JCOPY)
  • Address: 6 Fukuro-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 162-0828 Japan
    Telephone +81-(0)3-3513-6969
    Facsimile +81-(0)3-3513-6979
    e-mail info@jcopy.or.jp
    URL http://www.jcopy.or.jp/
  • Date Incorporated: April 1, 2009
  • President: Masahiro Oga (President of Shogakukan, President of Japan Book Publishers Association)
  • Fiscal Year: April 1 - March 31

3. Entrustment of Rights

  • Publisher submits titles to be entrusted along with per-page or per-article license fee for each title to JCOPY.
  • Conditions: Maximum number of pages and/or maximum number of copies to be licensed may be designated by the rightsholders, number of page limitations and/or any special conditions may be set by the rightsholders.

4. Licensees

  • Corporations, business entities and organizations.
  • Document-delivery-service companies
  • Academic societies, universities, research institutions, and others.
  • Individual users.

5. Options for the permissions to be given.

  • Single Transactional License: Each time the user pays for copies to be made. No annual agreement required.
  • Annual Transactional License: The users pays monthly or quarterly for copies made during the period.
  • Annual Blanket License: Based on the survey and/or best estimate, user pays annual flat license fee for copies for their internal uses.

6. Distribution of the fee

JCOPY will retain maximum of 30% of license fees collected for handling, and pay remainder (minimum of 70%) to the rightsholders.

ページトップに戻る